You will find our Mas to be an ideal base from which to discover and explore
Provence. We are located on the northern slope of the valley formed by the
Luberon and the Vaucluse mountain ranges. It's an amazing landscape - the
valley floor carpeted in vineyards and cherry orchards giving way to rugged hills
and mountains pierced by austere limestone cliffs.
It's a pleasant 20 minute walk to our village - Saint Saturnin d'Apt and just nearby
are the famed perched villages of the Luberon (Roussillon, Gordes, Lacoste,
Ménerbes, Bonnieux, Saignon) which crown the hilltops up and down the valley.
We highly recommend guests rent a car when visiting. You can take things slow
and easy on the small country roads - with plenty of opportunities to explore a little
village, stop for some wine-tasting, shop at an outdoor market, or hop out and
have a walk or a picnic. Within at most an half hour drive of our inn, you'll find
some of Provence's most beautiful and famous sights:
- To the North: the Albion Plateau and high lavender country, with the lovely
village of Sault facing the Mount Ventoux.
- To the South: a stunning drive up and over the Luberon mountains leads to the
picturesque villages of Lourmarin, Cucuron and Ansuis.
- To the East: the "Colorado" of Provence and just slightly off the beaten path -
the Alpes de Haute Provence (Viens, Simiane-la-Rotonde, Banon)
- To the West: the Abbey of Sénanque, the Fontaine de Vaucluse and for
antique lovers - Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
Finally, numerous day trips await:
- Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, St. Remy and Les Baux are all about an hour away
- Marseille, Cassis and the Mediterranean are an hour and a half to the south.
- Moustiers and the Gorge du Verdon are a similar distance to the east
- Arles, Nîmes, the Camargue, Vaison-la-Romaine and the Pont du Gard all make
for great day-trips to the west.
And don't worry if you can't fit everything in, that just leaves something for the next
Here is a map of the area showing places to visit within 1/2 hr drive of the Mas.
To contact us or make a reservation, click here.
Wild poppies near the Mas.
Village of Roussillon - 10 minute drive.
|Planning your visit to the Luberon and Provence
Aix-en-Provence - 1 hour drive.
The castle in Saint Saturnin - 20 minute walk from the Mas.
Lavender fields on the Plateau d'Albion - 30 minutes drive.
Gordes - 15 minute drive.